3. What Constitutes Personal Information? Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, but does not include certain business contact information which may be collected, used and disclosed for the purpose of communicating with an individual in relation to their employment, business or profession.
4. Collection of Personal Information. We may collect the following personal information about you:
(b) Address (postal and email) and telephone number;
(c) Credit card and other financial and payment information;
(d) Testimonial comments from you about our products and services; and
(e) Other information as required or permitted by law.
The information above is generally collected from you, but we may also obtain such information from financial institutions as permitted by you or as required for us to provide our services to you.
5. Use of Personal Information: Your personal information may used by us as permitted or required by law and for the following purposes:
(a) To provide our products and services to you;
(b) To process invoices and your payment by credit card, PayPal, debit systems or other billing options; and
(c) To contact you for customer follow up and to seek your input and advise you about products and services of FRED and its affiliated companies, but only your name, address and telephone number will be used for this purpose.
6. Sharing Your Personal Information: We may share some or all of your personal information as required or permitted by law and as follows:
(a) To contractors and agencies that work with us to provide our products and services to you, who will be provided access to personal information as needed to perform their functions, but we shall not authorize them to use your personal information for other purposes;
(b) To mailing and shipping services for the purpose of delivering products to you, but we shall not authorize such services to use your personal information other than for this purpose;
(c) To financial institutions and their affiliated companies for the purpose of processing your payments to us;
(d) To collect any debt you may owe to us;
(e) To affiliated companies and independent contractors for the purpose of customer follow-up and to seek your input and advise you about products and services of FRED, but for this purpose we shall not share more than your name, address and telephone number;
(f) To another company or business, in the event of a proposed or actual transfer of ownership of all or part of our company to that other company or business, but for this purpose, we shall not authorize use of your personal information beyond the scope of any such transaction or this Policy; and
(g) We may use your testimonials at our website and in our promotional and advertising materials, but we shall only do so without your name or without your surname, unless we have further consent from you.
7. Withdrawing your Consent. You will be provided with the opportunity to withdraw any consent you have provided or to opt out of having your information used for purposes which are not directly related to the provision of our products and services. Such withdrawal of consent shall not affect the legal nature of any processing we have done based on consent you have provided before your withdrawal. For example, if you do not want to receive information about additional products and services that may be available from FRED and its affiliates from time to time, then you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving such information.
11. How Long and Where Do We Keep Your Personal Information? We retain your personal information as long as you remain our customer. If your relationship with us as a customer ends, we may use and disclose your personal information as required and permitted by law, to conclude any outstanding matters relating to your relationship with us, to contact you for customer follow up, and to seek your input and to advise you about products and services of FRED and its affiliated companies that may interest you. If you do not wish to receive any such further information, please unsubscribe (where available) at our website, or contact us as indicated under the "Contact Us" heading below. We also retain your personal information as necessary to satisfy any potential legal obligations we may have. We store personal information in Canada or United States, including under relationships with information technology providers who may provide services to us. We seek to impose appropriate security standards on any such providers. If we choose to move the location of such storage outside of Canada and the United States, we shall only do so if we are reasonably satisfied that the same security standards can be achieved.
12. Contact Us. If you wish to file a complaint, make an inquiry regarding or obtain access to your personal information that we may hold, please contact us as follows:
Privacy Officer – FRED Beauty Inc.
Please be aware that access may not be provided to certain information which is protected by lawyer-client privilege, constitutes confidential commercial information, was collected in respect of the investigation of a breach of an agreement or of law, is generated in respect of dispute resolution, or for which disclosure is not required or permitted by law